Although poker has been a game for the elite for many years, online casinos have erased class boundaries and made this card game accessible to everyone. For a successful start, you should study poker rules and gain practical skills – fortunately, many websites allow players to play this card game for free without financial risks. If you want to learn just one game, we recommend that it be Texas Hold’em. Given the popularity of this version of poker, we offer you a guide to the basic Texas Hold’em poker rules. Although there are many other poker variations, this option holds top positions due to its simplicity and high winning potential.
Essentials of Poker Gaming Process
Hold’em is a simple game using a standard 52-card deck. It accepts from 2 to 10 players at the table. Online poker rooms have opened up great opportunities for holding poker tournaments with an almost unlimited number of virtual tables. The basic game works as follows:
- The dealer deals 2 cards to each player at the table starting with the one on the left – this is the player who will act first by choosing between the following options: bet or check (means to do nothing at all).
- The rest of the players act by choosing between call, fold or raise options. According to the poker rules, this round lasts until all players called or all chips are in the middle.
- Then the dealer puts three face-up cards on the table available for each player – this is called the flop.
- A round in which each player can choose between bet/raise/fold options is played again. Then the dealer put the fourth face-up card on the table – this is called the turn.
- A new round with bet/check/raise/fold options available for players begins. At its end, the dealer put the fifth face-up card – the river. The betting round is held again.
- After the river, the remaining players expose their cards. According to poker rules, the winner is the player with the highest rated hand combination.
As for the Omaha poker rules, there are a lot in common with Texas Hold’em rules. However, you will find out two important differences. Firstly, in Omaha, the dealer deals 4 cards on each hand, and you must use 2 cards received and 3 cards from the table to form a winning combination. Secondly, Omaha is more often played as Pot Limit, while Texas Hold’em is most popular in the No Limit version.
How to Beat Poker Rules and Use Cheats?
When playing poker online, you were probably thinking about two questions – “have I be cheated by casino?” and ‘can I cheat in online poker?’. There are many ways to cheat in online poker – almost all of them are illegal:
- Having multiple game accounts in one poker room – a very aggressive (strictly prohibited) way of cheating.
- Poker bots that make decisions for the player.
- Collusion – the collaboration of two or more players at the table.
- Use an account with unlimited access rights.
Despite the fact that fraud is against the poker rules and there are no poker site free from scammers, many platforms have made every effort to provide a safe and secure environment for playing.